Saturday, November 21, 2009

Grocery store story

Hello all,

This was too sweet not to share. Yesterday, Joey & I picked Levi up from daycare and decided to make a quick run to the grocery store. We think it was his first time in the grocery store (he's been to walmart, but that isn't the same).
At any rate, we stop by the deli and Joey picked up some chicken for dinner, while he was waiting he suggested that Levi and I go ahead and pick up some salad. We are making our way down the produce section and this little old man asks me what I have there in my buggy.... I tell him - I have a sweet bundle of joy. He asks if he can see him. I say sure! This man and his wife stop and visit with Levi. They were a very cute and sweet older couple. We were trying to get Levi to look at them, but he had his eyes on something else... Finally I turn his head and he looks at them. The man asks if he can talk to Levi - he says to me "I am not a preacher, just a grandpa" then he leans in and talks real sweet to Levi, he says "I pray that you will grow up happy, healthy and strong and when you are big enough that you will pray for peace in this world"... Levi then smiled the prettiest smile. At this time, Joey walks up and we all visit for a minute. The man tells us he is 87 years old and has lived a good life but he worries about the state of the world today. This encounter really made our day. We wish that we had gotten their names so we could keep in touch with them and take Levi to seem them every once and a while. Maybe we will run into them again in the produce isle!

So I close this with a prayer that all of you are Happy & Healthy and that we'll all pray for peace in this world.
Thanksgiving is next week. Take time to really appreciate those around you (family and friends).
Love, love & Love

1 comment:

Shana said...

Thank you for sharing that special story about the elderly couple. Sounds like he was a bit of Angel with a special message and blessing ;-)

Shana