Thursday, July 30, 2009

past due

No ... not talking about bills! :) Past due, would be what our son is. But it is all okay!

I went into work today, just like I have everyday of my pregnancy. I have been feeling well & felt fine & figured I could work right up until labor starts. Well - today I had every other person asking me what was I doing there & for some reason, my emotions wouldn't stay in check so I decided to go back home and work from home the rest of the day and tomorrow. Working remotely really is the best option for me right now & probably for my peers. This creates less stress for them - worrying that I am going to go into labor at work and wondering if they would be able to get me home or to the hospital in time. :) I work with some wonderful people!

Joey & I had our 40 week checkup today with the Dr & it went very well. The Dr did all her checks and she was very pleased with how healthy he is. Evidently they have 4 different things they check that are worth 2 points a piece and our little guy got all 8 points! All ready a star. The 4 things were
1 - the fluid - there was still plenty surrounding him
2 - placenta - still in good shape
3 - finger / hand movement - moving good &
4 - practice breathing - she said that normally this isn't one that they can capture (because they typically do it for a bout 30 seconds every half hour or so), but our little man was showing out today. The Dr was really pleased... We could see his little ribs moving in and out --- he was practicing like a champ!
All of this really gave me, Joey & the Dr the reassurance we needed that little Levi is doing just fine. Evidently he is fairly happy living inside my belly! His heart rate was good too --- about 144 beats a minute.

So - since there aren't any signs of labor at this point, we did make a "plan" to induce if needed. That will be on the evening of August 5th - but that's just in case. He could very well decide to come at any point between now an then. Also the 5th is not definite. If on the 5th, we are thinking that we don't want to induce, then we can do another check up and see how things are looking and possibly wait a little bit longer. But - we feel like he will be sometime between now and then.

Joey is on the phone right now with a Wayne Dog (a friend of his in Pensacola) & he just said "I'm ready for him to be here, looking at us, checking everything out!" Joey is the coolest man I know. I cannot express what a great support and source of encouragement he is.
Speaking of Wayne Dog - Joey says Wayne is loving his new position & we are very proud of him on making the move to take care of his family.

Back to us... :) (because it is all about us - ya know!) Here we are - just relaxing - loving each other & waiting. But like I said - meeting with the Dr today gave us some of the reassurance we needed to know that Levi is doing well.

Sending all our love to our Family in Pensacola - we love & miss you!

(no pictures this time either --- Joey did take some of me yesterday at 40 weeks... Maybe I'll post one this weekend! )

1 comment:

John and Bethany said...

I talked to Joey Wednesday to see how you were doing. I'm glad that Levi is a healthy shining star. Like I said I woke up one morning (won't go into details) and Ian was born the next day. I had NO signs before that time. Nothing at all. So Levi could come anytime. I was a week early, so I don't really know what it feels like to be past due, but I can only imagine. You have an amazing attitude. My only advice would be to enjoy feeling him kicking and moving while he's still hearing your heartbeat from the inside. He's a lucky guy.