Sunday, July 19, 2009

10 days and counting

Well... Here it is Sunday again ... today was my Momma's birthday & I wish I could have been in Pensacola to share it with her. Happy Birthday Momma - We love you to pieces!!!

We have had a great week and weekend. It was kind of busy weekend, but very good. Friday I went for my 38 week check up. All is good - still no signs of labor.

Saturday, we went out to Karen's house (I have worked with her for the last 6 or 7 years and she recently retired from Qwest). Each year she holds an "open garden"
She lets the public come and view her Day Lilly Garden -- I believe proceeds go to the Cat Care Society. She had over 4000 verities and it truly was amazing to see. Here are a couple of pictures from the day.

Here are a couple of cats that she has too... She has many!!!
This one looks like he is thinking "What are YOU looking at?"
This one just kills me...
Joey was really liking this cat. He never really moved ... Just hung out. Very cool.

Now here's a picture of us... Me with my full on 38 week and 2 day belly!!! --- it was pretty warm this day, but it couldn't have a better day for doing this sort of thing.

Next on our Saturday excursion, we decided since we were already out in the boonies that we would stop in and see John, Bethany & Ian. We just dropped in on them ... we are really happy they were home... Here's a picture of their cute little guy (Ian).... J & B hope it was okay to post this on OUR blog!!!
It's like he's saying "yeah, I guess I'll drive" --- he's too sweet. I think he is about as old as we are pregnant! A nice little buddy for Levi when he gets here.

Next - it was on to the R/C track. We haven't been there in a long time. But since we were on that side of town, it was nice to drop in. Here's a picture Joey took from the drivers stand.
Next we went by a couples house that had a gift for Levi all the way from Nebraska. This lady that I have talked to only over the phone for the past 6 or 7 years had sent a gift for Levi. How sweet... Thanks Kathy!

We then proceeded to have a late lunch and go home and work our butts off. I worked in the basement on filing a couple of large stacks of papers that we had accumulated (not nesting... just doing some stuff that needed to be done) Joey worked in the garage and got his 1971 Honda CB350 motorcycle runnin' I have video of him on it, but don't know how to post it here. --- well - let me take that back. Joey just showed me how! Thanks baby!!! Which reminds me. We purchased a video camera this past week & we have been having fun with it. We take little videos here and there and we always commentate like we are talking to little Levi.

Today, we got up, went to breakfast (yummy) then went to the book store. My cousin Autumn had recommended "On Becoming Baby Wise" So we picked it up. Thanks Autumn. We then went to see The Hangover. I am ashamed to say that I laughed out loud a lot!!! It really was very funny!

We came home and I read the first two chapters of the book out loud to Joey. He paid good attention & was able to answer the questions at the end of each chapter! I've got a great husband - for sure!!!

Later, we went to Walmart and bought some groceries that I hope will last a little while. We got some things that will be easy to prepare for when our little bundle decides to make his entrance into this world and come home!!! Joey made a fabulous dinner of baked chicken, grean beans and stuffing! I really appreciated him taking on dinner as I was really tired from a long weekend of going and going!

I am just so thankful that I am still able to go. I know many women end up not being able to do much by this time. I do have swelling in my feet that doesn't go down at night anymore, but my blood pressure is good, so the swelling isn't a concern for my Dr. so not really a concern for me. As you could see from the picture of us above, I am pretty big these days, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love feeling little Levi move inside my belly. He is gentle and sweet. I think I may miss it, but understand that he'll be outside for me to snuggle and love and then Joey can share in the goodness too. It is still exciting for Joey to feel my belly when Levi is moving. He talks to Levi pretty regular and I think it is amazing!

Oh!! Joey's Sister Tammie sent some pictures from the Family shower! Tammie - thanks so much. Here are a couple of those that she sent.
who knows what I am doing here ...
Here's me and Joey's Momma - Mary! I am looking at another camera I think!

Thanks Tammie - I really appreciate you sending all that you did! You are good to us!!!

Okay - so I have probably rambled enough & I am getting sleepy. Thanks to all for checking in on our blog! You should leave us a little note from time to time and let us know that someone checks this out!

Oh --- we will try to update this as soon as Levi comes so that everyone will know. But be patient with us, as we will all probably be exhausted!

We love and miss all of our family in Pensacola! -- Friends too! And for those of you in Colorado -- give us a call some time!

2 comments:

John and Bethany said...

I love it and I love Ian's picture! He's a cutie for sure. I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet baby Levi. Enjoy the last few days of being pregnant. I wasn't quite as positive as you, and was ready to not be pregnant anymore, but I do miss those days. I'm glad you're feeling so good. You look amazing.

jay said...

Hey there Lacey and Joey. I hope I'm doing this right. I gotta say there is a professional look to the pictures Joey took of the flowers and cats. Take care