Monday, November 17, 2008

Pensacola in the House....

Hey y'all. My Momma was in town this last week and we had a great time. The last time she was here was in 2002 so it had been a while. We didn't do any real touristy things while she was here - mostly we just visited, cooked a lot & enjoyed each other. Joey kept her laughing constantly.
We got her on a couple of bicycles & the scooter... what a funny time... I was really worried about her on a bicycle, but she did real well. Now the scooter - that's a different story all together! Joey had to go behind her like a dad would helping his daughter with her first bicycle. She had Joey just about running behind her & holding her up, because she couldn't balance! & I don't think she was having very much fun with it.
Joey got his scooter out and momma and I went for a little ride on it (about 20 feet!)














Here is a couple of pictures of us looking bad ass ... yeah we're the 'cutthroats'

Here is Joey doing a cross-up & catching a little air - showing us how it's done!!!









Like I said - Joey kept Momma laughing all week. When Joey was working, Momma and I mostly just visited, shopped some, lunched some & cooked dinner getting ready for Joey to get home. I did get my license in my new name while she was here. It's about time - now I have proof that I am a Hardwick now!!!
Here is a picture of Momma & Joey cuttin up in the kitchen on Black Eyed Peas and rice night...









We also worked on sewing a slip cover for a chair that we had gotten at a yard sale several months ago ...

My creative juices really aren't flowing well tonight. Joey's out in the garage and I am a little sleepy --- I probably miss my Momma a little bit too! ;-)












No comments: