Sunday, September 14, 2008

BMX Lacey

So - the other day I was talking to Joey about the downhill trip that he was going to take on Saturday with John & Jimmy. I told him that since Sol Vista is a smaller mountain than the ones they normally ride I felt that this would be a good time for me to try it -- all I would have to do is rent a bike there & I would be set. Joey said that he would like to see me go around a track a few times before I try downhill! I don't blame him -- he doesn't want to see me get hurt -- So I decided that Sunday (today) I would go to the BMX track and give it a shot.

This morning I woke up all exited and nervous about going to the BMX track. It was a little chilly & overcast today so I would have to bundle up. I tried on his bike pants - they were a little big, but they would serve the purpose. He recently got a chest protector which resembles something Mel Gibson would have worn in Mad Max... I tried it on --- it would work too! Okay - so I was set - all padded up and a helmet too. Suited up - ready to go!

We drove to the track - On the way he reassured me that if we got there and I changed my mind that it would be okay. I think he was really worried that I would get hurt. As we were driving up, I saw many people at the starting area. I was totally bummed because that was more people watching me [and we all know that it is about me! :) ] The closer we got, we realized that there were many little ones out there - ranging from about 5 to 12 years old. They had the gate up and were doing actual races. I was immediately deflated, because my chance to show my self as Lacey, rockstar of the BMX track would have to wait for another day.

I'll keep you posted --- unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures of me suited up today. Next time we will for sho!

No comments: